A Federally Qualified Health Center-designated network of community health clinics is seeking a qualified candidate for its Chief Operating Officer position. The job is located in Clinton, Louisiana and is Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm. This position requires minimal after-hours responsibilities during times of emergencies and natural disasters.
BS degree in Nursing, Administration, Family Practice, Public Human Services or related degree
10 years of experience in health care or management environment
5 years supervisory experience and knowledge of health center
Knowledge of national, state, and local regulations as they relate to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) (Preferred)
Experience in federal procurement and knowledge of budgetary processes (Preferred)
Knowledge and experience with leadership and management principles for problem solving, conflict resolution, and program development
Ability to manage, facilitate, and communicate effectively with senior staff, co-workers and build interactivity with others; above average verbal and written communication skills
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
· Work with Finance and A/R in the development of operational plans, budgets, and goals
· Implement tactics and lead the organization to achieve its stated operational and financial goals
· Ensure the delivery of all services meets or exceeds the needs and satisfaction of patients and communities served
· Ensure all services rendered, as well as ongoing business processes and operations, are managed and conducted legally, ethically, in accordance with the highest professional standards and best practices
· Implement and uphold all policies, facilitate effective working relationships with and among all departments and associates within the stated mission and direction set forth by the Board of Directors
· Develop and maintain positive, effective working relationships with and among all departments and associates within the organization, including the Board of Directors
· Act as the principal steward of the organization’s resources. Ensure that all assets of the organization, including facilities, equipment, funds, people, systems, are maintained in good order, and utilized in a proper, legal, and ethical manner.
· Serves as Point of Contact for FTCA claims and any general liability claims including auto.
· Foster a workplace that results in the development of a highly effective team. Ensure that all staff are properly coached and directed, and that clearly defined measurements of performance and rewards are utilized to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness.
· Inspire a culture where all associates conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the organization’s values, mission, policies, and expectations.
· Provide oversight and coordination for PCPFHF system construction projects.
· Maintain adherence to the supply and equipment budget and repair and maintenance budget
· Implement and maintain centralized purchasing; review and approve/disapprove all purchase requisitions that are outside the scope of a department head’s authority.
· Implement and maintain distribution of supplies and equipment
· Implement and maintain PCPFHF’s inventory control system
Company Benefits: Health, dental, vision and voluntary supplemental policies, Up to 5% match in 403b plan, paid vacation and sick time
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org